The purpose of this Policy is to ensure that:
- You are aware of and have complete control over what PII you provide to Skillate, and the how the same is being used by Skillate while providing you with our Services;
- You are at all times aware of the rights available to you with respect to your PII;
- The information provided by you on the Site is processed, stored, and used in accordance with the applicable laws, including with respect to maintaining appropriate data protection and privacy infrastructure.
The information provided by you on the Site is processed, stored, and used in accordance with the applicable laws, including with respect to maintaining appropriate data protection and privacy infrastructure.
Information Collection and Use
We have already under the Terms of Service of the Site specified the kind of information (PII and otherwise) that we require, collect, access, and store during the period of account creation and thereafter during your usage of Services. This includes your name, company, title, country, e-mail address, and method of payment both information pertaining to you as well as information pertaining to third-persons/individual whose resumes you will be uploading for availing the Services. Further, we have also clarified that it is necessary and mandatory for us to be able to collect/store all of this information for you to be able to use the Services and its basic features. You have the right, at any time, to choose not to provide us with any of this information and to ask us to delete the same, if required. However, doing so may result in your subsequent deletion of your account and the inability to continue using any part of Service.
It is pertinent to note that some of the information required by us is mandatory, and we may not be able to complete the registration process in case you do not provide such information.
We may collect following information about you
i) Information including, but not limited to, your name, mailing address, email address, phone number, fax number user preferences may be collected at the time of User registration/account creation on our Site;
ii) In connection with your subscription to our Services, payment details, bank account numbers, billing and delivery information, credit/debit card data and tracking information from cheques or online transfers may be collected to facilitate the transaction.
iii) Information when you interact with our features and Services, including but not limited to, internet protocol (IP) addresses as well as browser type, internet service provider, operating system, browsing patterns, locale and language preferences, number of sessions and unique visitors, usage data and system configuration information, third party links accessed by you etc.
Cookies and Analytic Tools
We use tools and tracking technologies such as cookies and third-party web analytics services on our Site (such as those of Google Analytics), to store specific information about you and to personalize your visit. Cookies are small bits of data stored on User’s browser that capture small pieces of information while online content is accessed. If you do not de-activate or erase the cookie, our web servers will be notified of your visit to our Site and in turn we may have knowledge of your visit and the pattern of your usage. You can change the configurations of your browser with respect to your cookie preferences, you may choose to accept or reject, disable or be notified when a cookie is sent.
Information Storage and Security
All the information that we collect from you during your usage of Services is stored on Amazon Web Services (“AWS”) servers, located in [Mumbai – India and Oregon – USA]. We access the information on the cloud. AWS uses globally accepted standards for ensuring and maintaining the protection, security, confidentiality, and privacy of all data on its servers.
We store your PII only for as long as you have an account with us and for a period of 1 (one) year after deletion of your account, as this is necessary to continue providing you with the Services and for us to maintain a detailed log of the Data that we are collecting. If at any time you deactivate/delete your account, we ensure that all PII pertaining to you is deleted, both from our servers as well as the servers/storage of our third-party service providers with access to the same after completion of 1 (one) year from the date of deletion.
We work hard to protect You from unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of any information we hold. Pursuant to the same, we have implemented globally accepted standards and procedures to maintain ongoing data protection and privacy by ensuring the following:
- Constant upgradation and/or alteration of our policies as may be necessary to ensure the ongoing confidentiality, protection, privacy, security, and accessibility of all data and systems.
- Limiting the disclosure of PII to Our employees, independent contractors including vendors, affiliates, consultants, business associates, service providers and distributors of our Services, only on a “need-to-know” basis, and only if the disclosure will enable that person/entity to provide us with business, professional, or technical support or fulfill Your request and requirements under the Services.
Safety and security of your information also depends on you, and we recommend you to keep your password confidential, and not to divulge any information related to your account to anyone.
While we take reasonable efforts to guard your information, we cannot guarantee that information, during transmission through the Internet or while stored on our systems or otherwise in our care, will be absolutely safe from intrusion by others. You hereby acknowledge that any transmission over the Internet and any submission by you is at your own risk and responsibility, and you shall not hold Skillate responsible in any manner whatsoever.
Usage of Information
Information submitted to us when you register for our Services and use the features provided by us may be used for following general purposes:
i) to verify your identity and eligibility to register as a User and subscribe to our Services;
ii) to analyze information provided by you regarding job postings and preferences, and to screen resumes and arrange our database to better suit your interests;
iii) to perform data analysis and statistical analysis through our tools to improve the content, and to improve our Services;
iii) to notify you about any changes or modifications to our Site, or terms and conditions;
iv) to respond quickly and efficiently to any queries, feedback, claims or disputes;
v) to identify and protect against any fraud or other criminal activity, and comply with and enforce applicable legal requirements.
We also may use the information we obtain about you in other ways for which we notify you at the time of collection. Your privacy is important to us and we have taken steps to ensure that we do not collect more information from you than is necessary for us to provide you with our Services and to protect your account.
Sharing of Information
We do not sell or otherwise share any information about you or provided by you, except as described in this Policy. We may share your personal information to our affiliates and third parties to help us provide and improve our Services. Access to only as much information is made available as is reasonably necessary or required by law. These third parties are not authorized by us to use or disclose the information except as necessary to perform services on our behalf.
In addition to any third-party service providers who, subject to your prior consent, we may share your information and/or your PII with third party service providers (as mentioned in the Terms of Service), we may disclose any information provided by you on the Site as may be deemed to be necessary or appropriate: (a) under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (d) to enforce our Terms of Service; or (e) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
By agreeing to this Policy, you also explicitly understand and consent to the fact that we may share your PII with other corporate entities and affiliates only for the purposes of:
- Cloud based web hosting and server services;
- Using their assistance to detect and prevent identity theft, fraud and other potentially illegal acts; or
- Correlating related or multiple accounts to prevent abuse of Our Services;
Third Party Sites:
We are also not responsible for the privacy practices and data collection policies followed by any third party sites that are not affiliated with Skillate, including any information you may submit or disclose to other organizations through or in connection with the links provided through our Services.
Your Rights and Choices
You may also opt out of receiving promotional communications from Skillate or opt-out of sharing your personal information with third parties by emailing us about the same.
Once you start using our services, you will have the right, at any time, to require us to do any of the following with respect to your PII:
- Right to access: You have the right to access certain personal information we maintain about you and obtain a copy of that information;
- Right to erasure: Delete/erase all PII pertaining to you that we may have on our systems. This includes deleting your account and all PII that we may have pertaining to you in the Data Trail. This provision will not apply to any data or PII that we may need to retain pursuant to any applicable law or any request/requirement of a public/government body, whether in your country of residence or not;
- Right to rectification: Rectify, modify, or alter any of your PII, if you have identified any mistake, error or inaccuracy in the same. This also covers situations where, for example, you have started using a new/different email account for the purposes of signing in to Skillate’s Service;
- Right to export data and Right to be informed: Export and provide you with a copy of all your data, including your PII, that we may have on our servers. This includes all data and server logs pertaining to your activities and behavior on the Site as well as the Services;
- Right to restrict processing-You have the right to ask Skillate to restrict how we process your Data. This means we are permitted to store the data but not further process it. We keep just enough data to make sure we respect your request in the future;
- Right to object: You has the right to object to Skillate processing your data even if it is based on our legitimate interests, the exercise of official authority, direct marketing (including data aggregation), and processing for the purposeless of statistics;
- Opt out from receiving promotional messages: You may also opt out of receiving promotional communications from Skillate or opt-out of sharing your personal information with third parties by emailing us about the same;
- Right to withdraw consent If you have given us your consent to process your data but change your mind later, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time, and Skillate must stop processing your data;
- Choice/Opt-Out: As stated previously, we provide all users with the option and choice of opting-out of receiving certain third-party services and/or the in general, at any time.
We will make all commercially reasonable best efforts to comply with all of the above requests (when received) as soon as possible. If you wish to exercise any of your above rights, kindly send an email to email@example.com.
In case of cancellation or deletion of your account, kindly note that certain personal information may be retained by us, wherever required or authorized by applicable law. If your account is managed by an administrator, that account administrator may have control with regards to how your account information is retained and deleted. Please remember any content that has been shared by you or submitted to any third-party link provided via the Services may continue to be available to third parties and the public at large. If you wish to exercise your rights and take necessary actions with respect to your rights as mentioned above please write to our grievance redressal officer at firstname.lastname@example.org
- We shall not be liable for any loss or damage sustained by reason of any disclosure (inadvertent or otherwise) of any information concerning You, if the same is either (a) required under applicable law as detailed above; or (b) was affected through no fault, act, or omission of Skillate.
- By registering or by using the Services, you explicitly accept, without limitation or qualification, the collection, use and transfer of your PII in the manner described herein.
Skillate Laboratories Private Limited, #2751, 31st Main Rd, PWD Quarters, 1st Sector, HSR Layout, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560102